Friday, November 30, 2012

surfing


So obsessed with surfing. 
Even though I still can't really surf now,
but I am so into it!

After the first surfing lesson last Saturday, I found myself have poor physical capability,
and kept being wash back by the waves. 
The coach hold the nose of the board for me so I could walk in the waves. 
Even though I swapped to the lightest board, I still had trouble walking in the waves.
Things got worse after practicing standing up on the board.

In fact, you are not standing up gradually in the water.
You need to pop up fast otherwise you will loose the balance. 
After popped up several times on the beach, I was exhausted. 
Even though coach hold the board for me and all I need to do was pop up,
I had no strength left to do that. 

Darren (the coach's name):  if you don't want to stand up, that's fine.
I : I want to, but I can't.
Darren: you can, use your muscle.

I found this conversation funny, sounds like the lines in the scene. 

Weird is that I can't even swim properly, but I don't fear of water.
I reckon I always want to try things that I am not comfortable with. 
I am not comfortable with height, but I tried skywalk in Tassie.
I can't breathe smoothly in water, but I went snorkelling in the middle of the ocean. 
I've never done social science study before, but I took the community course at uni.
I don't know why I did these things, I didn't even realise when I made these decisions. 






such a weird person.



1 comment:

  1. ”walk in the waves“ sounds like a dream
    and believe me,
    practice makes perfect :D

    ReplyDelete